DWodp live change log
Version 1.2.5 - August 2007
- Bug fix - DMOZ changed url structure and so updated in config.inc.php
- Bug fix - Search only this category fixed
Version 1.2.4 - July 2004
- Bug fix - Urlencoding of breadcrumb trail problem introduced in 1.2.3 fixed
Version 1.2.3 - July 2004
- Code change - DWodp live now released under the GNU General Public License (GPL)
- Bug fix - Force HTTP content-type header with character set (controllable through a config option)
- Bug fix - Fixed French and Spanish links after the ODP has changed the default charactersets for those languages
Version 1.2.2 - February 2004
- Code change - Detection of remote character set is now auto-detected as the /World category is being converted to UTF-8
- Bug fix - Cleaned up some possible issues with register_globals and searching within a category
Version 1.2.1 - January 2004
- Bug fix - Incorrect variable name caused an editor's pick site description to be repeated for all descriptions in a category (if advanced listing enabled)
Version 1.2 - January 2004
- New feature - Advanced, customisable site listings and thumbshots.org support
- Bug fix - Search results caused a problem with non-english characters. Added a UTF8 decode routine for categories.
Version 1.1.5 - December 2003
- New feature - Requested feature added to allow you to define a target to any links which leave your domain (does not parse the header or footers with the target, just DMOZ content)
- Bug fix - Error reporting level manually defined
Version 1.1.4 - August 2003
- Bugfix - Multiple keyword searches failed due to DMOZ site not recognising url encoded spaces properly. URLEncoded spaces have been removed
Version 1.1.3 - August 2003
- Bugfix - Lots of encoding checking. Foreign language sites still causing problems. This should now be fixed. To keep the data working the main categories must in iso-8859-1 and search results in UTF-8. However there is a bug directly on the the DMOZ web site search (on their site) which causes foreign language category links from search pages to fail. Unfortunately as we take data directly from the live DMOZ website this bug is replicated in DWodp live
- Bugfix - Check for magic_quotes_gpc in category as, if quotes were in the category name if caused the listing to fail
- Bugfix - New url encoding routine for checking the DMOZ site
Version 1.1.2 - July 2003
- Bugfix - ./templates/header.tpl - Encoding replacement variable added as the main directory seems to require a different encoding from the search routine. If your character set on your browser wasn't UTF-8 before some of the foreign language sections of the directory may have appeared strangely.
- Bugfix - ./index.php - Short mode wasn't working properly due to a typo in a variable name introduced in version 1.1.1.
Version 1.1.1 - June 2003
- Bugfix - ./templates/header.tpl - Added meta tag to make the default character set of the page UTF-8 as this is the format used by DMOZ.org. If your character set on your browser wasn't UTF-8 before some of the foreign language sections of the directory may have appeared strangely.
- Bugfix ./includes/classes.inc.php, ./index.php - Check on searching whether magic_quotes_gpc is enabled and run a stripslashes if necessary.
- Renamed product to DWodp live due to release of DWodp pro
Version 1.1 - February 2003
- Bug fix to breadcrumb trail to prevent someone entering a single forward slash as a category name (thanks jjonas for the info)
- Added in the restrict to current category option for the search (thanks jjonas for the info)
- Prevent two full stops in a parsed category and search to stop directory traversal
- Prevent angled brackets being parsed as a category and search to stop cross site scripting
Version 1.0 - February 2003
- First public release