What is DWmail™ Notifier for Windows SideBar ?: DWmail™ Notifier for the Windows Sidebar is a gadget that you can download and quickly install to show you the latest 25 messages from all your email accounts that support DWmail with it's RSS feed feature enabled.
For a more advanced notification technique, check out the DWmail Notifier Windows application.
|Download DWmail Notifier Gadget 1.0.1|
- Microsoft Windows Vista with Sidebar enabled
Version 1.0.1 released 29th April 2008
- Bug fix release
Frequently Asked Questions
What is DWmail Notifier Gadget
The DWmail Notifier Gadget is a Windows Sidebar Gadget displays the last 25 messages from every DWmail account you configure.
Once you install the Notifier Gadget, you’ll be able to:
- Automatically check for new messages at configurable interval
- See the latest 25 messages in your inbox
- View multiple accounts
Privacy and DWmail Notifier Gadget
Dominion Web completely respects the privacy of our users and those that use DWmail. When you use DWmail Notifier Gadget, Dominion Web and DWmail default installations do not collect or store and personal information beyond what is usually collected by DWmail.
The Notifier Gadgetbriefly stores small parts of emails, through an RSS feed, in temporary memory on your computer. It does not permanently store any data nor does it transmit any data back to us.
Does the DWmail Notifier come with any third party software?
The only software that comes with the DWmail Notifier Gadget are the files needed to install the gadget.
How do I install DWmail Notifier Gadget?
- Firstly you must enable RSS syndication from your DWmail installation. This can be done from 'Preferences -> RSS Syndication -> Enable'. You can also enable previewing parts of the message body in the gadget from here too.
- Download the gadget and when prompted to Open or Save, click on Open
- You may be asked for permission to install the gadget to the Windows Sidebar. If you are, click on 'Allow'.
- You will then be asked to install the gadget. Click on 'Install'
- The gadget will automatically appear in the sidebar. You will need to configure the gadget before you can use it. Hover your cursor over the gadget and click on the small spanner icon at the top right to open the preferences.
- From the 'accounts' tab, enter an 'Account name'. This can be anything you wish to describe the account. Then in the 'Account RSS Location' enter the URL to the RSS feed given in DWmail. Click on 'OK', the gadget will immediately attempt to connect and check your email. Click on a headline to preview it, and then from the preview click on the headline to link straight through to DWmail to read the email.
- From the preferences you can change the theme (skin), tell the gadget to automatically update, display less or more headlines and automatically scroll through accounts when you have more than one configured.
How do I uninstall DWmail Notifier?
Click on the + button at the top of the side bar, right click on the DWmail Notifier Gadget icon and select 'Uninstall'