What is DWdirectory?: DWdirectory™ is a commercial PHP, MySQL and Perl powered program for a local web directory. Using a set of Perl scripts you can also import the Open Directory's RDF dumps into MySQL and then retrieve and search using PHP.
You have full control over the easy to edit templates so you can intergrate DWdirectory into your own site design easily.
DWodp pro makes use of Netscape's Open Directory RDF dumps which currently contains around 4.5 million websites and over 590,000 categories. From the shell you can run four Perl (or command line PHP) scripts which will import the RDF dumps into your MySQL database. The ODP database is free to use so long you follow their license.
- Intergrate the largest human edited directory on the web into your own site design, now even the individual listings can be templates
- Edit the directory using an online administration areanew
- Accept submissions for new listingsnew
- No need to query live ODP data, all the information is stored on your server
- Search the open directory
- Either use the front category display page or restrict the front page to a category hierarchy.
- Search using MySQL full text querying and display ranked by best result (MySQL 3.23.23 or better, MySQL 4.0.1+ recommended)
- Supports category moves (catmv)
- Site counts for each category
- Make use of 'editor's pick' sites
- Use Thumbshots.org thumbnails of sites for all sites or editor's picks only
- AltLang (this category in other languages) support
- XML version of all categories
- Support for the RSS, ATOM and PDF link types
- Use DWodp pro software for your own directory listings without using ODP data at allnew
Price: BUY DWdirectory™ NOW for £34.99
Current Version: 2.2 (14 January 2009)
What's new in version 2.2?
Design refresh, new CAPTCHA support for new site submissions
Check out the change log for full details or new features, code changes and bug fixes.
In order to run DWdirectory™ on your web server you will need to meet some minimum system requirements, find out if your server meets these requirements and download some test scripts.
Commonly asked questions about DWdirectory™ and it's features.
Want to try DWdirectory™ out for yourselves?
Have questions about the software, how it works and whether you should buy it? Well why not ask us?
Take a look at what changes we have made to DWdirectory™ over time, including new features and bugfixes.